Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fashion Teen | Gatsby Girl - Fashion Si Bejo

gatsbygirl9


"I was crazy about The Great Gatsby. Old Gatsby. Old sport. That killed me."
"The Catcher in the Rye"- J.D. Salinger

 I've always loved F. Scott Fitzgerald's work and when I heard of the glorious movie in the making, with such an incredible cast, Prada outfits and the soundtrack by Lana del Rey, I couldn't wait for its release! The movie was artistic, with all the memorable quotes from the book emphasized, the opulence of the Gatsby-esque parties (okay, maybe Gatsby's house was a little too Disney Palace for my taste!) and with a Carey Mulligan who knew how to shape the affected, delicate yet shallow Daisy. I loved their take on Jay Gatsby, although it's not what I've imagined while I was reading the book. The end was a little too long and the use of dubstep and rap songs at the parties was certainly interesting, although I would have loved more music from that period.

I wanted to wear something which would remind of the fabulous period of flapper dresses, short hair always worn with extravagant tiaras and pearls as the number one choice in jewellery. I think I managed pretty well with my hairdo and that bracelet with little pearls. I love my new SheInside dress so much and somehow the pastel shade reminded me of the easiness in Daisy's life until she met Gatsby again. And while we're on dresses and Daisy, please search online (if you can't make it to the movie) all of her Prada outfits, Miuccia Prada will always be my favourite designer!

Now..why name the post "Gatsby Girl" ? Because while I watching the movie, it striked me that I had a few things in common with the optimistic, hopeless romantic Gatsby :
I'm a dreamer. I imagine so many scenes and I analyze the past events a little too much.
I'm ambitious- Although it takes me a great amount of time to decide what I want, once I set my mind to it, it's hard to stop me.
Perfectionist- Okay, I laughed a lot when Gatsby took care of the tea party where he was going to meet Daisy after almost 5 years- the macarons, the anxiety, the overthinking.
I don't like tragic ends in a book, especially when they happen to such an incredible character like Gatsby, but this book is one of my favourite ones and I felt like paying a tribute here.


SheInside dress, Zara heels, Fossil watch, Accessorize tiara

gatsbygirl13gatsbygirl10gatsbygirl6gatsbygirl7gatsbygirl14gatsbygirl1gatsbygirl5gatsbygirl15gatsbygirl2gatsbygirl8gatsbygirl11

0 comments

Post a Comment