Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fashion Teen | The Neon Necklace - Fashion Si Bejo

2012-06-24 13.30.50

? Nancy Sinatra- Sugar Town ?

Summer has always been my favourite season because I always feel inspired and I have a lot of time to do the things I love most. Needless to say, this is my second week of holiday and I have adored and cherished every second of it! I am so positive , you may even call me idealist but I have a schedule I get to make on my own and I am cathing up on all the great movies and series I have been missing, but I also have more time to meet old friends and exercise.

Summer is also season of change. I have cut my hair (like 2,5 inches AH! THE HORROR! ) and I am aware it was mandatory for its aspect. I first thought to show you this difference (although all my close friends didn't even notice) in the first photos I will take in Florence, but I couldn't help myself and posted a photo on my Instagram (@marymanaila). And YES, once you click the 'read more' button you will see it attached at the end of the post. So, my dear readers, I may present you the last photos I took with my long hairdo!

And this photoshoot is not dear to me only because of this, but also because of that stunning neon necklace I'm wearing. I shall tell you the modern tale of this statement piece:

It was a stressful day as I had my Speaking Examination for Cambridge and I figured that a shopping session  would help me relax a bit. Five minutes after walking into the H&M store I saw IT. It just seemed perfect, super affordable and to be honest, I really wanted to own a neon piece as they have been such a hit this season. I was about to buy it, when my mom, followed by my little sister seemed shocked. They clearly disagreed and when my father as well objected I felt like it was a fashion crime we were talking about.

Two weeks later, another city, another H&M store. I brought the one person which inspires my style most, my lovely aunt , with me as I wanted to know her opinion. She was kind enough to say: 'I think you have things which are far more special, dear'. Annoyed , I decided to go out the next day with my incredible cousin, Ioana, one of the few people who actually read my ramblings and my favourite photographer.The minute she saw it she gave me that 'What are you waiting for?' look and I knew it was a right choice. I usually make choices for myself, but in this case, with the complete disagreement of my loved ones, I got really confused. I laugh at this story now, because it was cheap in fact, and I could have evoided this whole fuss.

Anyways, if you're still with me, I want to thank Ioana for these incredible photos and also to my little sister for interfering my absolute favourite one(I didn't blur you this time, ha!).


H&M dress, H&M necklace, H&M sunnies, Zara wedges, Zara bag

fsdfdf


2012-06-24 13.35

2012-06-24 13.32

2012-06-24 13.30.38

Untitled-1

2012-06-24 13.35.55

2012-06-24 13.37.19

And my new haircut, you can get more updates at my instragram profile ( @marymanaila)


0 comments

Post a Comment