Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Fashion Teen | Champs-�lys�es & Ladur�e - Fashion Si Bejo

DSC_4652


Our second day in Paris was all about showcasing our project in the competition. Therefore, we spent all the day in the museum and arrived in our hotel room around 8 PM. What to do in such a short amount of time? Visit the Champs-�lys�es Boulevard, famous for the shopping spots, cool places to eat and the flawless Christmas decorations. It was truly fortunate we got to visit it during the night and most of all, in December!! The view is breathtaking, although we took many photos of the street (from one end to another) , when I think of our walk a quote of Alan Furst comes to my mind:
"The best Paris I know now is in my head."

The shops were so perfect, there was magic in the air, but the streets are overcrowded, therefore taking a photo is almost impossible. Also quite an unattainble thing for us: the shops. Although there are many high street shops, you can only find their most expensive lines, I only had the heart to spend my money at Gap shopping for four members of my family, because it's their favourite shop. Now, I had to spoil myself as well so I went to Ladur�e, because macarons are some of my favourite sweets and I've heard they're the best in the world in Paris. I waited in line for like 30 minutes, and I feel like it's the right place to thank Cristi one more time for agreeing to wait with me instead of walking around the boulevard. I bought 4 flavours: chocolate, raspberry, praline and coffee. What can I say about my Ladur�e experience ?

1. The macarons are absolutely divine. I've heard that the Pierre Herm� ones are better, but how many times can you torture a guy while in Paris and in a crazy rush to wait for you?
2. I've eaten other macarons during my stay in Paris and also in Romania and I just can't compare them to Ladur�e. Laduree has this special mix between smooth and crisp, just the right amount of filling, flawless shape.
3. Every single person who bought macarons took a picture in front of the shop , which I thought was so sweet so I asked Cristi to snap a photo of me with my Iphone.
4. Praline is absolutely my favourite flavour, I would go back to Paris just to stock on praline macarons!
5. I couldn't help myself and bought a golden/floral printed Ladur�e notebook, which goes so great with my phone!
DSC_4705
L'Arc de Triomphe- it may not seem so grand in this photo, but trust me, it's a truly immense and breathtaking monument!
poza 4
My Laduree moment!
DSC_4690
I found this incredible fountain on Instagram one day before we left for Paris and we were both like "We have to find it, it looks amazing!"
poza 1
We visited Paris just when Kristina Bazan of Kayture was staying at Fouquet's, a famous hotel on Champs �lys�es
DSC_4672
DSC_4632





































































The other end of this magical boulevard
DSC_4642
With Cristi, my amazing friend and colleague who took all these beautiful pictures. It was nearly impossible to get pictures together because you don't really know who to trust in such a big city, especially when it comes to his fancy camera.
DSC_4667DSC_4696DSC_4654DSC_4631DSC_4687DSC_4653

0 comments

Post a Comment