Friday, February 15, 2013

Fashion Teen | Spring 2013: Mini Trend Report - Fashion Si Bejo


You just know it -when you visit a site too many times a day, when you spend a ridiculous amount of time on it with your friends day-dreaming about what would you like to buy if you had the funds, when all your Polyvore sets include items from it that it's time to also BLOG about it.

Now, I think you know already how mesmerized I am by minimalist aesthetics and that's what first caught my attention when I discovered the high-end online boutique Matches Fashion. Of course, I was even more stunned to see that all my favourite brands (Carven , Celine, Stella McCartney, Mary Katrantzou, Marc Jacobs) are there, and, as the Spring 2013 Trend Reports are set to make an appearance in every fashion magazine in the world, I thought I should make a post about my favourite trends (as I have already predicted some of them) using only items from this store that I absolutely love!

Therefore, let's talk about: WHITE, STRIPES, EMERALD, FLORALS 


White is back! Now, when isn't white trendy? It is a fashion essential, I admit, and yet we call this a trend for spring. How so? It's all about special techniques: white brodery, special patterns, crochet, lacework.
Tip: To amaze everyone, mix sheer/lace with gauzy textures, like Loewe and Moschino presented on the catwalk.


WHITE IS BACK!

The Stripe Effect - Marc Jacobs's collection was centered on the revival of the stripes and Oscar de la Renta had some playful striped dresses , all so fabulous! 
Tip: It's all about mixing types of stripes- think horizontal and vertical together.
STRIPEEFFECT
Marc by Marc Jacobs dress, Charlotte Olympia shoes, Michael Kors watch, Alexander McQueen clutch, Lulu Frost ring

Emerald- color of the year! Pantone declared this fabulous color as the ultimate color and there are so many creative ways to wear emerald- from party dresses to bags and flats (if the color doesn't flatter your figure).
Tip: Nude and beige are great to make emerald green pop in an outfit! Red is not a good idea if it's a main piece, along with the emerald (e.g: green skirt, red blouse).

EMERALD

Magic Florals - I have always loved this print , but there's something special about it this season. Last spring, you could spot a lot of florals in pastel tones and now we are talking about completely different colors! Also, another fun way to wear florals this season- try a 3D embellishment , like Oscar de la Renta, Moschino and Dior designed.
Tip: Don't just stick to florals- try a funky clash of prints, the whole outfit will come to life (I will go for florals mixed with stripes, for sure)!

FLORALS
Stella McCartney skirt , MSGM peplum top , Celine Audrey Sunglasses -I know, THE Audrey sunglasses, which are usually sold out online!!! ,  Charlotte Olympia Dolly shoes (my most favourite EVER!) , Charlotte Olympia Pandora box clutch  (Miss Olympia, you have my eternal admiration!) , Mulberry Eliza Belt

0 comments

Post a Comment