Monday, November 4, 2013

Fashion Teen | Holly for Halloween - Fashion Si Bejo

audrey halloween

The last year of highschool isn't kind at all with me, I must be saying this the 100th time. If you have been reading my blog for an year, you must know I pulled a Minnie for the last Halloween. This year I had this whole concept for a shooting as one of my icons Holly Golightly, which was set to be published on the actual Halloween day. What happened? Firstly, bad hair day! I had to re-do this bun like 4 times! Then, tests and homework, I can't believe I'm 5 days late with my post. 

Still, I told myself that even if I failed to celebrate this holiday in the online world, it shouldn't stop me to have fun at school. So, I brought a bunch of delicious candy for my mates and I pulled a Minnie again (the Holly Golightly costume was out of the question, it's so much easier to just drop the ears during study hours). Plus, you can see I bought another pair of ears this year, never repeat a Halloween costume!

Now, on Holly Golightly: I often wonder if I would have adored her just by reading the book. Initially, I watched the movie because Audrey Hepburn played the reading part and she has been one of my favourite actresses ever since I was a little girl. Last year I was over the moon to receive the DVD, because now whenever I need a boost of confidence and hope, I watch it. Holly may be strong, resourceful, optimistic, charismatic, a good actress ( all the man she tricked, we got to give her some credit!), but in the end even she turns out to be a hopeless romantic. The movie's got everything: great lines, lovely decor, romantic plot, funny scenes and a high dose of fashion and style.

Now, a few of my favourite quotes of Holly, all written by the genius Truman Capote:

"Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot."
audrey halloween 3
"What I've found does the most good is just to get into a taxi and go to Tiffany's. It calms me down right away, the quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there, not with those kind men in their nice suits..."
maybe2

�It may be normal, darling; but I'd rather be natural.�
audrey halloween2
"You could always tell what kind of a person a man thinks you are by the earrings he gives you. I must say, the mind reels."
maybe

And now, my other (kind of) costume:


0 comments

Post a Comment