Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Fashion Teen | Misty Rose - Fashion Si Bejo

love

�I'm not sentimental--I'm as romantic as you are. The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last--the romantic person has a desperate confidence that they won't.� F. Scott Fitzgerald, This side of paradise

I have been incredibly inspired by the work of F. Scott Fitzgerald lately. You know from my last posts I loved reading "The Great Gatsby" and "The beautiful and the damned" but in the last week I enjoyed another novel,  "This side of paradise" and I have discovered what I consider to be his greatest talent: writing short stories. I LOVE "Flappers and Philosophers", it's such a sophisticated compilation of stories and I can relate to so many typologies ( please read "Bernice bobs her hair" when you have time, you won't regret it!).

Just like I did when I deeply fell in love with J.D. Salinger's work, I chose not to look for any details on the author himself (I do know the basics though, it's common knowledge). It's so thrilling to think which parts of a character or a story actually reflect the writer's life. What is it with Mr. Fitzgerald that all the main characters have to be astonishingly  beautiful? Was he surrounded only by golden-haired girls and confident, witty boys? Was he a great fox trotter in real life? 

I chose to name this outfit post "Misty rose" because it's actually the color that both my top and a part of my skirt have. I'm quite unhappy with the results of this photoshoot, the skirt looks completely white, you can find the real version here. It is marvellous and I got it from Persunmall, I can't wait to wear it on the magical beaches of Greece!

 Persunmall skirt, C&A top, Massimo Dutti shoes, Fossil Watch
notquite2maybedetails2maybe2love3details32013-07-06 09.23details

0 comments

Post a Comment