Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Fashion Teen | The aviator jacket & ponderings - Fashion Si Bejo

final

? Wild Belle- Another Girl ?

I can't believe how long I've been holding back from posting these photos! The only reason is that I was hoping not to post these at all because it was a rainy day of spring when I took this and I am STILL waiting for the warm ones but guess what...it's going to snow this weekend! SNOW!  Just when I was just writing my manifesto/farewell to winter...

Oh well, there's another thing which I have been planning to blog about for a long time. It has been over debated , and yet I feel the need to write my thoughts on this as well: 

How come fashion bloggers only highlight the great parts and stories in their life and are more discreet and reserved when it comes to a personal crisis or deception?

First of all, lets remind ourselves that there are a lot of successful fashion bloggers who only write about the outfit they're wearing or simply state the labels. I'm just not that type. I tried to focus only on the fashion aspect for a while, but I feel like there are so many other things you should learn from this blog!
Now, about the main question: Many people say that we usually just want to build a perfect life, and therefore our disappointments are never a subject of discussion, but I would argue that there's more to the story. When you visit the sites you love and you happen to be in an amazing mood, wouldn't you be  a little sad and sympathetic to the issues exposed?  Or when you are sad and see a weeping post wouldn't that discourage you even more? Shouldn't you, as a reader, relax and enjoy the content of a blog in your free time?

Than, there comes another sensitive issue: friends and family usually read your blog and however sad and angry you might be, you shouldn't hurt them by writing an acid post. If you stilll feel like letting it all out, you should write about your concerns in an ambiguous style, maybe include a meaningful quote so that only the person in question can tell.

This is what I feel about blogging when you are angry or extremely dissapointed. It's your blog and you're allowed to express yourself however you feel like. Still, a little diplomacy wouldn't hurt. Who knows, maybe even a post about blogging when you're in a weird mood means that the writer herself is actually hurt and mad *wink wink*.

And now, finally a few words about my outfit: I bought this aviator jacket couple years ago, when it was a huge trend and although I love it, I don't wear it so much because its lenght is impractical.  As for the mint scarf, I know I should look for emerald green and neon yellow in the stores already and that mint is not the IT color anymore, but I love it and that's what really matters! This whole color trend concept means that for a few months you have more options to choose from in a certain shade. It doesn't imply you can't wear that color anymore once a new season settles in!



Motivi aviator jacket(faux fur!), Zara pants, H&M sweater, H&M blouse, Orsay scarf, Zara bag, Fossil watch, Musette boots
463 5555 440 2013-02-26 13.13479429mint2

 Have an amazing week! Love, Mary x

0 comments

Post a Comment